Ella Bachés new SpiruLines range
Other Recent Articles
- ELLA BACHÉ | NEW GENERATION ANTI-AGEING SKINCARE
Posted: Aug 10, 2017
- Bowral Team wins State Salon of the Year 2015
Posted: Sep 01, 2015
- Bowral team wins double at 2014 Ella Awards
Posted: Oct 14, 2014
- Ella Baché Bowral to join Relay for Life Event
Posted: Mar 18, 2014
- Ella Baché Bowral Wins National and State Awards
Posted: Feb 06, 2014
- Why is Olive Extract So Precious?
Posted: Jul 22, 2013
- Build your skin's strength with our new sensitive
Posted: Jun 03, 2013
- About Microdermabrasion* and Sonophoresis*
Posted: Feb 11, 2013
- Bright, radiant skin this party season
Posted: Oct 25, 2012
- The Skin in August
Posted: Jul 26, 2012
SpiruLines - breakthrough anti-ageing range
SpiruLines takes a unique approach to anti-ageing by combining Spirulina with the latest ingredient technology and DNA protection to visibly reduce lines and address firmness by lifting and strengthening the skin.
Spirulina is the core ingredient that goes across the SpiruLines range to feed the skin with the essential nutrients it requires to function optimally.
Known to be over 3.5 billion years of age, Spirulina is credited with being the oldest living micro organism. It is a 100% natural plant organism (algae) made of 220 essential life elements. Spirulina is a highly nutritious food source rich in:
- Protein – 70%
- Vitamins and minerals
- Omega 3
- Phycocyanin – strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, increase immunity and protects against oxidative damage to DNA.
Why use Spirulina?
There is no ingredient that comes close to providing the same nutritional content to the skin in one single ingredient.
Nutrients drive every function/process that the skin and body performs. If the skin does not receive the nutrients it requires then it will not perform optimally – the implications of this are: Slower cellular activity which can lead to less active fibroblasts resulting in minimal collagen and elastin formation.
Japan has a great example of how superior Spirulina is as a nutritional supplement. A study revealed a group of Japanese seniors that have been documented to have only relied on spirulina and water for more than 20 years. This is a great example of why Spirulina is described as a super food.
Skin-proteins – Biomimetic peptide (exclusive to Ella Baché)
Addresses biological ageing by correcting the first signs of ageing through lifting lines and improving elasticity in the skin. This ingredient also works to prevent the development of future lines.
Skin-proteins work in synergy with the skins structural proteins in the epidermal-dermal junction to reduce the length and depth of lines and lift the skin. Peptide is a combination of three peptides that work together to address collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, laminins and fibronectin – all components work together to deliver superior support to the skin.
- Fibronectin plays a pivotal role in binding collagen and elastin together to create a cohesive network that keeps the skin wrinkle free and lifted.
- Laminin 5 adheres the basement membrane to the epidermis and ensures that cells receive adequate support and nutrition encouraging cell regeneration.
- Hyaluronic acid keeps all proteins (collagen and elastin) soft and flexible, preventing breakdown.
C-Age African Birch extract (exclusive to Ella Baché)
Prevents the formation of lines and loss of elasticity by inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown collagen and elastin – collagenase and elastase.
Hyaluronic Acid Spheres
Ella Baché mastered the use of hyaluronic acid ever since it was first introduced into skincare products. After she attended an eye operation where the doctor put drops of this substance into the patient’s eyes to rehydrate, Madame Baché came up with the idea to use it in skincare products.
A hydroscopic compound, it captures and maintains water in the skin to ensure long lasting hydration. Scientists have since made breakthroughs and now know how to transform this large compound, which usually remains within the surface layers of the epidermis, into microspheres capable of penetrating through to the epidermis into the basal layer and rehydrate themselves to create a reservoir of water and specifically produce a filling/plumping effect from deep within the skin.
Deepaline wheat extract
This ingredient is a combination of amino acids extracted from wheat and palmitic acid. The palmitic acid used to transport key amino acids into the skin to perform 2 major actions.
- In the epidermis – limit muscle contraction
- In the epidermal/dermal junction – increase fibroblast production in a targeted area (as per the products used)
This protects the skins lipids from oxidation from free radical damage.
Increases the skins immune function by stimulating macrophage production – the skins natural protector to environmental aggressors.
Probiotics – bifidobacterium lysate
This ingredient has the ability to activate the skins natural DNA repair process. It works on a cellular level to stimulate the cells enzymatic ‘identify and repair’ system, a system that deteriorates with age and accumulated UV damage.
DNA repair maintains the integrity of the skin – ensuring a healthy barrier to environmental aggressors, moisture loss and free radical activity.